Friday, 20 August 2010

never let me go

I think letting go of someone so dear to you is probably the hardest thing to do. Obviously a family member dying, there is nothing you can do is there? It frustrates me. When my nan died, i always blamed myself. Even though i know i couldn't have done anything to help her, i wanted to help her so much. But say, losing a bestfriend or boyfriend/girlfriend, there is all these quotes about how you can never get them back, and how you need to let go of what you love.


“Some of us think holding on makes us strong, but sometimes it is letting go.”


To me, that quote is bullshit. Only let go when you want to let go. Otherwise, fight with all you have, because if you really love and want that person, you won't let them go, you should fight for them. I don't care what anyone says, letting go is giving up. You should never give up on who you love, no matter how much they hurt you. Because when they're gone out of your life thats it, you'll never get to say what you needed to.
Never let go of that fiery sadness called desire.


1 comment:

  1. Just came across your blog. I don't agree to what you said. Being in love doesn't require you to fight for anything. If you can like someone beyond the extent of losing them, then it's called love. If you got what you desired, then its called good luck and care. Love without pain is no love at all.

    ReplyDelete